Saturday night we had a huge family dinner at a restaurant towards the Bay Area with my mom's family. It seems like there are more of us each year.
Sunday morning we had a brunch with my dad's side and Caleb got to play with all the boys. The real excitement came on Sunday when I went to check in for our flight and Alaska's website says, "Your flight has been cancelled."
Instead of going to see friends I had to go to the airport, stand in line for 3 hours to be told there are no flights to Portland until the 28th of December!! Considering it was the 21st and I needed to get home, that wasn't going to work.
So, my parents, Brandon, Caleb & I had to trade in the rental car since most rental companies will not allow you to drive a car across state lines one way, we had to get a different car with 4-wheel drive and on Monday morning at 5:30am we were off by car, back to Portland.
At 11pm on Monday night, we arrived at our house. I must say that Caleb was wonderful, I couldn't believe it. We made it home safely. Maybe we can do Christmas with the family in the beginning of December next year.
Caleb & Ani playing
the beginning of covering caleb in princess stickers
the boys helping caleb open gifts
4 comments:
I'm sure there are many more stories like yours out there. I'm glad you made it home safely and in time for Christmas.
I"m glad you made it home safely! It's been a crazy winter hasn't it!
That sucks you had to drive but luckily you made it home safely! Dang snow!!
Wow, that must have been quite an adventure! At least you made it.
Post a Comment