Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Spring Happenings

We've had lots of things going on in the last month, here a few of them:
Gwyn's 2nd Birthday-we celebrated Gwyn's birthday with the Dunaway Family. Caleb & Gwyn have grown up like brother & sister and treat each other like well, siblings. They are notorious for pushing, shoving, taking each other's toys and well ending up in time outs after the fact. They are kind of learning to play together, they do chase each other now. Gwyn got her favorite toy, Barney for her birthday, she was so excited. Can't believe she's two!



Easter-we celebrated Easter with my parents on Saturday since my they were leaving on Sunday. We had an indoor easter egg hunt for Caleb. He also got spoiled with gifts, a basketball hoop and got to play with his other new toy, a big wheel. Easter egg hunting was funny to watch, he would shake each egg to make sure there was something in there, crouch down, open it and put the candy in his mouth. After 4 or 5 eggs, he had so much candy in his mouth and he hadn't swallowed any of it. We picked up the rest of the eggs as fast as we could so he wouldn't put any more candy in his mouth. He thoroughly enjoyed all his candy, definitely his favorite thing to eat right now, when we let him.
Handsome little Caleb in his suit on Easter

Tulip Festival-On a beautiful saturday in April Jennie & I took Caleb & Gwyn to the Tulip Festival. The scenery is just gorgeous there, perfect for pictures. Caleb only touched a flower once, in the picture below, otherwise he was off in search of mud puddles and dirt (which there were a lot of too). Gwyn loved the flowers and would pose so nicely for pictures, unlike Caleb. There were little trains there you could ride and Caleb loved that. So, Gwyn loved the flowers and getting her picture taken, Caleb loved the mud puddles and trains, figures.








Arizona-I decided I needed a little break and went to Arizona for a long weekend. The boys stayed at home and I went and spent some time with my friend Sienna. We've known each other since 1st or 2nd grade, we realized it's been over 20 years, kind of makes me feel old. I had never been to Arizona and she lives right outside of Phoenix. She showed me around all over and the weather was beautiful, perfect for being outdoors and soaking up the sun. We went shopping in Scottsdale in an outdoor mall and went to lots of other places. It was so nice to not be rushed to do anything, we had no time table. It was very fun and relaxing weekend.


Other random Caleb things-He's hit a phase of liking to disrobe himself, I am lucky to keep his diaper on him. He loves these rain boots and one night after his bath, he insisted on wearing these only, no pajamas, just his goloshes. The other picture is Caleb with a cookie. This kid is obsessed with cookies (he's only ever had a couple in his life, I promise), but he calls every kind of snack out there a cookie, from crackers, to cereal, to yogurt, to fruit, no matter what it is, it's called a cookie. I think he's hoping each time he gets a snack, it's a cookie.

2 comments:

Darilyn said...

He is so cute. That naked picture of him in the boots is priceless.

Lorie said...

Caleb is getting so big! I love him in his suit. I love little boys in suits! You have been busy. I'm so glad that we got to talk the other day! It was fun catching up! Take care!