Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mom's Birthday and some other happenings.

We celebrated my mom's birthday last week, it was nice to see her, it had been awhile since she had been away for work. We had cupcakes for dessert which were awesome, but it was Caleb who stole the show. To watch that guy eat a cupcake is just priceless, , here are a few pictures from the occasion.





As for Caleb, he will be 2 next week! Just can't believe it, he's talking so much in both English and Spanish and I feel a lot of time that I have to double translate first to normal Spanish, not toddler Spanish and then to English. Thanks to Carolina and Claudia with Spanish translations, sometimes we don't have a clue. He mimics everything you do and is trying to assert his own will and independence, which can be a hard balance as a mom. He says "cheese" now anytime he sees a camera or a cell phone for that matter.

"CHEESE!"


Brandon's job is going very well, he loves what he is doing; even though, it can be physically and mentally exhausting. He works kind of weird shifts, but we are grateful for when he is home, definitely an adjustment for us as a family.


Our new addition is still growing well, I had a 3-D ultrasound a week or two ago, it was amazing, to watch her move around and suck her thumb and kick. To see her face, that she has the same nose and mouth as Caleb and hair too. My contractions have unfortunately come back like my
last pregnancy and the ultrasound was to make sure everything was okay and she is just perfect.

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

Cool ultrasound pictures! And Caleb is so cute with that cupcake.

Mandy said...

OH No the contractions are back! If I can do anything HONESTLY call me! Please!! Don't hesitate! I'd love to help you out any way possible. Bring you dinner, clean your house, bring you magazines/books or just hangout and talk whatever!

Grace said...

caleb has one of the greatest smiles and laughs..he is looking so grown up. How cool to have the 3D ultrasounds...so much more definition as to what your baby looks like. fun

Sarah said...

I love those 3D ultrasound pics. I have always wanted to do that!