Monday, August 31, 2009

After Much Tribulation...

I don't normally blog of my life, but in keeping a family journal, I thought I should record the trials with the blessings. These last few months have been one of the biggest trials I have ever endured. I have been enduring hard labor contractions among a few other complications for 2 1/2 months fairly consistently. Physically and mentally it has exhausted me beyond any point I could have comprehended. It amazes me the extent to which a human body can endure while trying to grow a baby. The blessing is that it does no harm to our little girl. It's just the extreme pain and staying in bed while trying to care for Caleb, who is such an active 2 year old.

Our life got a little more interesting in the middle of July, when Brandon left for the Police Academy and spends the week there and comes home only on the weekends. Since that point in time, Caleb stays with Carolina all day and then in the evenings we stay with my parents, at least during the week, since I can no longer care for him for the most part. I truly am grateful to Carolina and my parents for all they do because without them I wouldn't want to imagine where I would be.

My doctor says my goal has been to "keep her in there" as long as I can. I have done so for almost 35 weeks. If I can keep her in there for just a few more weeks, at least she can be born healthy. I would just like to say thank you to all those who have stepped in to help when I needed it desperately, but didn't want to ask and those who have taken over the many things in my life I can't do for myself right now.

I know she will be a huge blessing in our life, so each day I try desperately to remember the scripture, "After much tribulation...come the blessings."

6 comments:

Kara said...

i am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. i'm glad you have great people around you. soon you will fall so in love with your little girl and all of this will be a memory. trust me, the loving part is blissful. :)

Sarah said...

Oh Michelle, that made me cry. I"m so sorry that you have had to endure such hardship. But you're right that after the trial comes the blessing. And one thing I have learned is that after we have been stretched to our limit, our capacity for joy increases too. Hang in there! I'm always thinking about you. And I will keep you in our prayers!! Lots of hugs!!

Lorie said...

I have been checking your blog constantly wondering how you are doing. Thanks for sharing! You are almost there!!!! You are amazing! I'm glad that you are getting help from family and friends. Take care!

Darilyn said...

I had no idea you were going through all this. I'm glad you have had the help you have needed. I can't wait to meet your new little one.

Grace said...

Michelle I didn't realize either all that you were going through..this must be tough right now..when your little once gets here you will feel so much better I am sure.
I remember once an older Ward member told me "it came....to pass"...we go through things and then those experiences are gone...she wanted me to know we can learn from it. I am sure you have learned so much!

Mandy said...

Since moving away I have been in my own little world. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to meet her in just a few short weeks!